- SOAR is a joint project between NASA,
NOAA, and UMBC
- SOAR is a scalable web service set of tools that provides complex gridding services
on-demand for atmospheric radiance data sets from multiple temperature and moisture
- SOAR accepts input through an online gui, or directly from other programs.
The server queues these requests for a variety of complex science data services
in a database tracking the various requested workflows.
- SOAR uses large data sets collected by NASA, NOAA and DOD. These datasets
contain satellite readings for temperature and moisture from the last 3 decades.
- SOAR uses the cluster Bluegrit
at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC)
to apply data transformations such as gridding, sampling, subsetting and convolving in
order to generate derived data sets from diverse atmospheric radiances.